Fixed Term Appointment for up to 9 – 12 months*
Salary: up to £40k depending on skills and experience, plus flexi time, 27 days holiday, Christmas closure and a fantastic pension
*This appointment is to cover maternity leave, appointment duration to be aligned to the individual.
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary is a specialist armed police service with a critical task. We safeguard national security, constantly protecting fourteen sites across the UK and their associated civil nuclear material.
In the People Performance team we provide pragmatic operational HR support to all levels of management in line with our corporate approach, procedures and legal requirements. We aim to provide a proactive and professional service that adds value to the organisation.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and committed HR professional to join our team. This is an exciting time to join us as we’re moving towards a more business partnering approach. So you could be looking for your next step in HR or you could be a more experienced professional who is looking to develop further in a unique organisation.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to:
- Build strong, professional relationships with Management teams and regularly participate in Senior Management Team meetings.
- Provide advice and support to Managers on all Employee Relations issues in line with Constabulary procedures including disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence issues.
- Raise and improve managers awareness of current and new employment legislation as well as other corporate initiatives.
- Be an excellent communicator verbally and in writing. You need to feel comfortable presenting in front of others.
- Analyse and identify statistical trends and proactively address issues raised within the region. ·
- Demonstrate your experience of complex ER casework.
- Have worked or be willing to work in a regional or multisite role involving regular travel and staying away from home.
- Have excellent employment law knowledge.
- Manage two members of staff remotely and work collaboratively with colleagues on different sites.
- Be self motivated with excellent organisation skills.
- Be MCIPD level 7 or working towards this level.
To fulfill this role you must be able to travel to CNC sites across England and Scotland.
- Address Culham, Oxfordshire
- Salary Offer Up to £40,000 per annum (pro-rata) plus generous benefits package