What we’re looking for:
The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day, which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair industry. That’s why we’re excited to be growing our teams and looking for people to join us as a
- HGV Class C driver
All roles are at the heart of our Auto Services business and you’ll need be enthusiastic, upbeat and committed to delivering the best repair service.
As a Driver, we want you to bring your previous experience, skills and knowledge to the team. You will be responsible for collecting and delivering vehicles before and after repair, being an effective front line of communication for the business, as well as working to deadlines to meet our customer’s needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will have responsibility for collecting and delivering cars within the agreed timescales, ensuring that the customer receives the very best possible service on collection and delivery of their car, ensuring all cash and credit card transactions are accounted for and that all transactions are processed in line with company procedures.
- You will complete forms to indicate any damage on the car and specify accident related damage and highlight any old damage, take digital photographs – and gain a signature from the customer.
- You will highlight any defects identified during loading/unloading of vehicles or as identified at the handover of the vehicle to the customer and bring to the attention of the Production Manager.
- You will also ensure all jobs are referenced and filed on completion of job.
You would have previous experience in a similar role with the following skills/knowledge
- You will have a strong experience of driving and ideally within recovery.
- You will be very customer focused and have great customer handling skills.
- You will have a good knowledge of the area local to our repair centre.
- You will hold a current valid driving license, which meets the fleet insurance criteria and where appropriate hold a Class ‘C’ LGV Licence.
- You will be required to hold a Driver ‘Certificate of Professional Competence’ (CPC)
Who you’ll be working with:
We know you’ve heard this all before, but the culture here at DLG really is something else. We embrace our individuality – you’ll see it in the way that we think and work, it’s all about ensuring you can enjoy making a contribution, have some fun and be yourself in every aspect. We encourage each other to be the best we can be: no opinion goes unheard, no achievement goes unrecognised, and no idea goes unknown – we even reward you for them! We encourage our people to work together, aim higher and to be the best they can be – for customers, colleagues and the business. It’s an indefinable “DLGness” that makes us who we are, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
You will be working as part of our collections and delivery drivers team reporting directly to your site Transport Manager and you will also be a part of the wider site team.
What we’ll give you:
Rewarding you is important to us, that’s why we’ll recognise your hard work and support you give our customers every step of the way with a very competitive salary and an industry leading reward package. Our teams are always supporting their local communities and love getting involved in charity events and family days.