Green Sefton manages our special coast, parks and greenspaces: from our beautiful and internationally recognised coastline which supports some of the rarest flora and fauna in the country, through to our historic parks and gardens, smaller greenspaces, allotments and our sport, play and recreation facilities. In total, we manage around 5,500ha of land. The service also manages both inland and coastal flood risk and the Council’s tree stock, both in the greenspaces and street trees. One of our top parks is Hesketh Park in Southport which is a fine example of a Victorian Park, listed on the Historic Parks and Gardens Register. Sefton Council has been bequeathed funding to undertake improvements in the park through the Hesketh Park Legacy fund project.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the restoration of some of the main historic features within the park through the delivery of the Hesketh Park Legacy fund project. The post will coordinate and oversee the renovation of the heritage listed conservatory, the floral clock, decorative fountain, waterfall, other parks features and more. The post will develop the business case for the future use of the Conservatory, together with a maintenance and management plan for these assets and wider across the park, whilst working with other teams across Green Sefton, volunteer/community groups and the wider stakeholders.
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days after 5 years continual service plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave schemes.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent or project management experience to the same level
- Experience relevant to the development and delivery of capital, revenue, and community-based schemes for green infrastructure, and developing and implementing projects and strategies.
- Ability to think clearly and adopt a structured approach to problem solving and produce solutions or strategies over the long term.
- Ability to manage complex programmes and projects to often conflicting timescales and set appropriate priorities.
- Ability to present ideas in written, verbal, and graphic form.
Please see Person Specification for more details
CV’s not accepted
- Address Hesketh Park
- Salary Offer Grade H (26-30) £34,834 - £38,223 Pro Rata
- Contact Email email@example.com