Vacancy: Healthcare Assistants – In-Patient Unit & Bank
Salary Range: Band 2 equivalent – £17,720 to £19,458 per annum full-time
Hours: 37.5 per week (part-time hours considered)
St Gemma’s Hospice is one of the leading hospices in the UK. The Hospice provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a quality environment, for thousands of local people each year. It’s a prominent and respected charity at the heart of the local community with a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
Working for St Gemma’s can offer a rewarding career in a friendly environment. Over 250 staff across a 4 acre site, Retail Hub and 24 Charity Shops work together to ensure that patients and their families have the best possible experience and receive the highest quality of care, totally free of charge.
The Hospice is expanding its healthcare team and is seeking Healthcare Assistants to care for patients and their families who are living with a life limiting illness. You will work across our In-Patient Unit, which has two wards, as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting patients and their families. We will also consider those who would like to work as part of our Bank.
We are looking for people who:-
- Are qualified to at least a Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Are committed to delivering high quality patient care
- Have great communication skills.
- Have a working knowledge of IT
- Are prepared to work in a busy and emotive environment.
- Are keen to work in a strong and vibrant multi-disciplinary team.
Experience of working as a Healthcare Assistant caring for patients at the end of life is desirable.
We can offer:-
- Support to develop your skills including further accredited training
- A beautiful place to work
- Colleagues who always give their best.
- High quality food and drink at subsidised rates
- Free parking
- Great terms and conditions
To discuss these opportunities in greater detail please contact our Senior Sisters Denise Kay or Laura Speight on 0113 2185510 or 0113 2185520.
Please see our website https://recruitment.st-gemma.co.uk for further information and to apply online. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: Tuesday 9 February 2021 (5pm)
Interview date: To be arranged
- Address St Gemma's Hospice, Leeds
- Salary Offer £17,720 to £19,458 per annum full time hours