We provide the tools needed for editorial teams to do their job, the digital support to help those users get the best out of them and ultimately the underlying Reach news platform that serves content across our digital publications.
We are embarking on a project to re-platform our back end infrastructure that serves content to our audiences from our CMS (across our websites and Apps).
The Head of Product will be accountable for the business value that this technically focussed project delivers as well as across other product streams within it.
This position can be 100% home based (UK & Ireland) or a mixture of home and office working at our HQ in Canary Wharf, London.
This is a 10 month fixed-term contract position.
So, who are we?
Every day our newsbrands – national and regional, in print and online – reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK’s largest news publisher and 5th largest digital platform.
There are 47m online readers in the UK, 30.8m of who get local news from the Live network – 65% of all adults. Our network of over 70 websites provides 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- Overall accountability for success of Editorial Services and Platform Products strategy and projects including creating and maintaining vision, KPIs and roadmap/s
- Ensuring our technical capability within Editorial tools and platforms can support the business initiatives across the company for now and for the future.
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are incorporated in everything we publish
- Collaborating with Heads of Engineering to develop and drive tools and processes for the technology teams, promoting best practice.
- Responsible for assessment, coordination and prioritisation of work into the various platform workstreams; driving a holistic approach to address technical debt whilst striving to innovate and scale our technology opportunities for future.
- 5+ years in product management ‘doing’ roles
- Strong technical background preferably with experience of re-platforming or working on infrastructure products/projects
- Demonstrable experience of greenfield products and taking an idea to a reality on a large scale.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies
- Customer focussed but balanced with technical acumen that enables this to be translated easily to engineers, architects, quality assurance, developers and operations in the way of epics and user stories
- Strong product delivery team leadership
- Confidently sets Product Strategy, vision, mission and goals
- A strong influencer and relationship builder who is comfortable presenting at exec level.
- Product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Definition of technical success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Assess whether engineering estimates are correct, review technical specifications, architecture and networking plans
- Participate in security, scalability and infrastructure activities for the purpose of capturing NFRs.
- Able to use interpret and present data to articulate business benefit and then measure it
- Can undertake competitor analysis, trend watching / horizon scanning and market research to support product discovery
Nice to have:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- SVPG’s: How to Create Products Customers Love
- Data insight courses/certifications
- User Experience courses/certifications
- Technology courses/certifications
- Address London, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive