At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Head of Internal Communications
Head of Internal Communications
As our Head of Internal Communications, you’ll develop a communication strategy that drives engagement with Capital One’s mission, strategy, brand and culture. Specifically, you’ll lead a strategy that builds associate pride in our business, and nurtures a culture of belonging for all. You’ll act as a trusted advisor to our UK CEO, and Capital One’s wider senior leadership team. You will also be responsible for leading, setting the direction and vision for the Internal Communications Team – to inspire them around what’s possible and to drive them forward in delivering high quality, high impact results.
You’ll be a
- Strategic Thinker -Create a sense of engagement, purpose and belonging amongst our incredible associate base through an innovative internal communications strategy that inspires both pride and connectivity with our mission, values and evolving brand. You’ll feel at ease working with technology and analytics, breaking down more complicated concepts into key strategies that you can communicate more broadly to a wider audience.
- Marketeer – Lead and inspire your team to bring stories to life with impactful and engaging marketing style campaigns and events. Use innovative multi channel approaches that both educate and drive behavioural change across a multi site workforce. A real passion for using research and data to achieve high quality, high impact results with a focus on ROI. Always looking for ways to improve the end product and delivery and learn along the way.
- Coach – Be a thought partner and trusted coach to the UK CEO and senior leadership team to find new and creative ways to engage with associates, define and tell their story and inspire action.
- Change leader – Thrives on change and the opportunity it creates. Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment, passionate about culture, enjoys bringing fresh thinking, ingenuity and heart to the employee base.
- Influencer – Bring exceptional influencing and judgement skills to help solve complex problems and drive decisions at the most senior level of the business. Ability to facilitate discussion and bring senior leaders with varying perspectives to an aligned approach and agreed way forward. Very comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities and demands.
- Collaborative partner – Collaborate closely with key business partners, sharing insights and best practice, incl. Brand, Creative Studio, Talent Acquisition, External Relations. Build strong relationships with the US and Canada Internal Comms teams to align on approaches and share learnings.
- Well networked trendsetter – Have a passion for communications best practice and being plugged into the latest thinking to drive innovation.
Who we’re looking for
- Degree level education, or equivalent work experience – preferably in Business, Marketing, journalism or a related degree
- Proven track record in leading communication strategy and delivering effective campaigns, both within external and internal communication roles
- Great written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing a team and leading others
- Strong creative flair and judgement with sharp attention to detail
- A creative thinker and strategic planner keen to take internal comms in a new direction
- Someone who is intrigued by the way people process information. You’re on top of theories about how people behave, and know how to use that thinking in real life
- A supreme organizer with a positive attitude who can manage multiple strategic projects in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- A strong relationship builder, who works effectively at all levels across the organisation and is able to flex their style and influence at the most senior level
- An agent of change, a strong motivator and collaborator who has a real passion for culture and people
- A resilient self-starter who has great tenacity when the unexpected happens
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be rewarded with an influential role in an organisation that’s transforming lending and is truly committed to improving the lives of millions of consumers.
- Extensive collaboration and learning opportunities as part of a 450+ strong transatlantic Brand and Design team with world-class calibre.
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme.
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidized restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. Our London office hosts a rooftop running track and was recently recognised as one of Glassdoor’s ‘Unbelievable Offices’.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Closing Date: undisclosed