The WorldPanel division is looking to appoint their Head of Global Solution Architecture in a role that will focus both on the delivery of technical projects and team management.
This role requires the skills of a multi domain architect with experience of coaching/leading domain architects across the organization (including with key suppliers and partners) to a coordinated delivery. The role will also require Senior level engagement skills, business acumen, coaching and influencing.
You will also have demonstrable experience of guiding an architecture service to develop application architectures, integration architectures, data architectures, security architecture and models, and associated policies, practices and roadmaps consistent with best practice.
You will be designing, prototyping, and delivering applications and solutions on full-stack Azure technologies, demonstrating its rich native services, to respond to Kantar and Kantar clients’ needs for cost-efficiency, increased competition, and agility to respond to new business opportunities
The Worldpanel Division operates continuous consumer panels in over 30 countries around the world, collecting detailed information on product purchasing and usage across a wide range of markets including Grocery, Personal Care, Audio Visual and many more.
Global experts in shopper behaviour, we help brands, retailers and government organisations to make the right decisions. The WorldPanel division turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantages through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and delivering tailored solutions. Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 7 world leading research, data and insight divisions at Kantar.
- Delivery plans, architectures and roadmaps of moving ‘AS IS’ to ‘TO BE’ architectures across data, business, applications and technology domains.
- Work across Kantar and other divisions to develop unified architectures, platforms and systems in order to scale and create efficiencies for the business.
- implement, establish and then enforce appropriate architecture and IT standards to meet Kantar business requirements and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge on industry developments and incorporate same into all Worldpanel programs and systems.
- Supervise, manage, evaluate and provide development plans and guidance for the architecture team.
It is essential that you can demonstrate the following:
Technical Knowledge and Expertise
• solid technical, software and architecture experience
• see “Technical Skills and Experience” section below
• providing vision, leadership and direction
• converting the strategic vision into implementation delivery plans.
• to take an innovative approach to change
• to establish a shared vision
• achieve buy in and to deliver change successfully.
• ability to manage and develop inter-relationships, creating common purpose with understanding of the key stakeholders
• ability to persuade and influence stakeholders and act politically
Development of a collaborative working environment.
• have a strong security understanding and secure government environments
Leadership and Management
• working unsupervised without direct management
• knowledge of the required core values and behaviors with ability to influence and implement within the team, demonstrating inclusivity
• Sets Clear Goals and Objectives
• is an acknowledged authority and influential figure across the full range of stakeholders
• ability to develop and mentor staff.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in working as lead architect. ideally with extensive experience of application domains.
• Experience and knowledge of a wide breadth of both legacy and emerging IT platforms, technologies, topologies, solutions, designs.
• TOGAF Certified Architect (Level 2).
• Recent Microsoft Azure Certifications
• Applied knowledge of architectural patterns (e.g. SOA, EAI).
• Applied knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF preferred) and modelling notations like UML using at least one architecture modelling tool.
• Applied knowledge of solution development methods.
• Able to understand business and IT requirements and be proficient at dealing with “fuzzy” problems which are not yet well-defined.
• IT Solution Design — Experience in the end-to-end design and implementation of complex IT solutions (full life cycle).
• Significant depth of knowledge in key areas of IT (e.g. database, applications, data).
• Project Management skills and ability to plan, organise and control multiple tasks.
• Risk Management – anticipates and mitigates risks to successful design and execution of large complex IT solutions.
• Experience of managing suppliers in a multi supplier environment.
• High awareness of the external IT marketplace and technology developments.
• Analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making and judgement skills.
• Strong written, verbal, interviewing and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to both business and IT staff and at varying levels within the organization (e.g. functional and executive).
London, WestgateUnited KingdomKantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Join our team and you’ll be part of the 30,000 colleagues that make up Kantar, our leading data, insights and consulting company . At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients around the globe to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.