We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our Ministry of Defence commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop the Professional Services category strategies based on customer demand, market analysis and engagement with all relevant stakeholder groups;
- Ensure spend data is consolidated and segmented by category and relevant groupings to inform the on-going development of the category strategy;
- Develop category commercial expertise, ensuring the development of knowledge of market trends, innovation, developing commercial models and enhancements in service or product specifications;
- Act as the lead in market knowledge for professional services, providing intelligent management information to customers, including spend analysis and supply market knowledge to support decision making and benefits realisation;
- Use the intelligence gathered to lead / support on the strategic development of the category management strategy for Professional Services, identifying improved ways of working across our professional services market, driving efficiencies and unlocking the opportunity for cashable and non-cashable benefits;
- Set up and/or strategically manage frameworks, routes to market and associated contracts across all relevant categories over the full commercial lifecycle, including negotiations dispute resolutions and contract variations to ensure value for money;
- Provide commercial advice and guidance to category customers ensuring efficient and effective application of the Category Strategy in Sourcing Delivery;
- Understand and strategically monitor the internal supplier market landscape, lead key supplier management, and where appropriate act as an escalation point;
- Contract management of pan MOD contracts; managing KPIs and tracking delivery against contractual obligations, actively engaging with suppliers to communicate MOD requirements and develop mutually beneficial strategic relationships;
- Contribute to the development of effective tools and organisational continuous improvement techniques. Actively participate in activities that facilitate the embedding of best practice into Head Office category management activities;
- Drive innovation and work with the team to consistently review current Commercial processes, policy and governance, and general ways of working to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Lead meetings / workshops with customers and business partners across MOD to understand business requirements and develop pan-MOD opportunities;
- Set up of a User Intelligence Group, or Cat Board for Professional Services that brings all TLB reps together to help shape, define, approve and then implement the strategy;
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Risk Mindset: Experience developing evaluation methodologies for complex procurements and risk allocation strategies.
- Commercial Focus: Substantial category management and commercial experience with demonstrable commercial acumen in providing advice to customers, delivering positive outcomes and value for money.
- Resilient: Resilient and politically astute in supporting senior stakeholders with varied agendas.
- Builds Relationships: Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills built through developing clear business requirements, forecasting, planning and target outcomes to support robust relationship management.
- Coaching Manager: Track record of successfully leading and managing complex and large teams, demonstrating the capability to develop others.
- Procurement Process: Management and governance of large scale, high value tenders through the OJEU process with end-to-end sourcing delivery expertise, including contract, supplier and performance management and procurement processes.
Closing Date: 02nd May 2021
- Address Bristol, London
- Salary Offer £70,176 - £96,909 GCO Pension, GCO Terms and up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation