We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply…
This role is integral to our Technology Platform strategy and will focus on maximising our platform capabilities across Kantar divisions and quality of solution delivery. This role is responsible for setting the global standards for solution design and delivery while overseeing adherence across Kantar.
This role reports to the Kantar Group CIO and works in direct coordination with the divisional Technology Heads(CIOs) to ensure the architecture and engineering of all solutions for Kantar. This role is integral to our Technology Platform strategy and will focus on maximising our platform capabilities across Kantar divisions and quality of solution delivery. This role is responsible for setting the global standards for solution design and delivery while overseeing adherence across Kantar.
• The role is responsible for all engineering and development standards used in Kantar, for their creation, implementation and adherence. This role ensures Kantar is deploying highly scalable, robust and secure solutions for all stakeholders.
• Leads IT resources for Architecture and Delivery to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands with ownership of all Engineering and Architecture resources across the group.
• Responsible for ensuring Architecture and Delivery resources are deployed into divisional product teams as appropriate to work within the domain teams with focus being alignment to the Kantar platform architecture.
• Leads IT resources for Architecture and Development Delivery to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands.
• Designs, leads and ensures adherence to the SDLC processes appropriate to different methodologies and product maturity and delivery model.
• Manages strategic relationships with key Technology product and services providers focused on Engineering and Development.
• Provides in-depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives.
• Chair of Design Authority and architectural gating criteria
· Provides in-depth technology knowledge, solution and governance expertise
· Responsible for establishing the standards for quality (testing) to ensure consistent approach to testing across all solutions
· Directs teams of technical in house and 3rd party resource in the successful fulfillment of end to end technology platforms solutions to meet our organization needs.
· Responsible for the overall software technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
· Delivery of key strategies and solutions to support business plans (i.e. cloud strategy, automation strategy, data solution)
· Directs resource management, with reference to the architecture and development team deploying resources into Domain teams where the day to day direction will be given.
· Responsible for maximizing the usage and cost effectiveness of our Technology estate
· Ensuring adherence through being a key decision maker in the design and go live gating processes.
This role is critical in championing cultural change and driving new ways of working into bot the technology and business organisations. Cultural shift is paramount to driving toward our future vision of common capabilities and technology platform alignment.
· Group CIO
· Divisional and Functional CIOs and Heads of Technology
· Business Partners
· Business Leadership
· Business Analysts
· 3rd parties
The ideal candidate will be excited about playing a central role in helping Kantar meet its ambitious targets. You will enjoy building relationships with key stakeholders, be curious in nature and highly accountable.
- Depth of experience developing plans that meet the architecture or technology needs of the organization incorporating into the plans business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends and economic viability
- Building and governing solution design and delivery to ensure quality outcomes for the organisation
- Strong background in software development and leading multi-national software development teams
- The gravitas and impact to influence at board level
- Architecture background with good experience building capabilities to be leveraged across solution delivery
- People leadership, managing global teams, with experience of managing remote/virtual teams and partners an advantage.;
- Experience of understanding total cost of ownership and business cases when looking to establish solutions
- Experience of working in a business where data is the product of the organisation and not a by-product.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, with proven client facing experience.
- Experience of Cloud Strategy and Delivery
- Focus and experience on automated and how to maximise its use within solutions
- Ability to challenge solutions put forward and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across technology platforms
Closing Date: undisclosed