Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
Within Kantar, our Consulting Division is a specialist growth consultancy with brand and marketing, retail, sales and shopper expertise, with 1,000+ brand and marketing and retail, sales and shopper experts in 50 offices worldwide.
THE ROLE: The Consulting Division of Kantar is looking to recruit a Head of Compliance to join our global team. The Global Head of Compliance is a senior leader of the Consulting Division of Kantar, reporting directly to the Global CIO. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and direct oversight for our Kantar compliance program on a global scale within our different Kantar Consulting offices and is also specifically in charge of running the UK compliance programs. The position is based in London (Sea Containers House).
This position represents the ideal opportunity for candidates looking for a new global role within a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
Global Leadership Role
- Lead Kantar compliance efforts, roll out & supervise the global compliance programmes across all the different countries of the Consulting Division of Kantar.
- Work with the Global CIO to ensure there is an integrated approach to managing Privacy & Data Protection globally
- Create a culture of high awareness of the criticality of Data Protection& Privacy issues to the business and our clients
- Utilize a risk management based approach to managing Privacy and Data Protection within the organization in order to highlight and manage risks appropriately, supported by effective communication and escalation
- Implement and maintain the GDPR programme, as well as the different Kantar and WPP compliance policies
- Liaise with the following parties to promote knowledge sharing and ensure our strategies are up to date and in keeping with Group advice and requirements.
- Maintain a regional team of GDPR/DP Champions across the business, ensuring that they are engaged, kept up to date with relevant developments and perform their roles as required
- Develop an effective training package using the GDPR/Data Protection framework (including client facing, business support teams, Graduate training inductions, refresher sessions …)
- Develop and deploy effective Awareness campaigns across the organisation and monitoring and measuring their effectiveness
- Ensure internal audits are conducted to measure process awareness and integration, liaising with Kantar auditors where required. Arrange and oversee external audits and deal with any issues that may arise, including non-conformities
- Keep up-to-date on developments within the company, industry regulations, legislation, GDPR Team
UK Specific (50%):
- Ensure the execution of the compliance date programmes in the UK specifically
- Design and implement internal controls, policies and procedures to assure compliance with applicable data protection requirements
- Manage audits and investigations into regulatory and compliance issues, respond to audit requests
- Ensure Regulatory submissions are up to date eg ICO (UK)
- Proven track of experience in regulatory compliance and/or legal functions, within the market research or consulting sector
- Proven ability to develop and operate compliance frameworks and policies, and conduct risk assessments, internal investigations and training. Can demonstrate up to date industry compliance knowledge and ability to respond effectively to developments
- Ability to operate in a commercial manner and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations, be able to prioritize and resolve issues promptly and effectively
- Superior influencing skills with extensive experience of operating at a senior level and managing multiple stakeholders with varying priorities in different countries/regions.
- Experience of working in a heavily matrixed organization
- Self-motivated, ability to manage self and other tasks to meet the required deadlines
- Excellent organization, communication, and strong project management skills
Closing Date: Undisclosed