Self-Employed / Salaried
Minimum 2 Days / 4 Sessions a week
Bupa Health Centres across London:
Canary Wharf, Liverpool Street, Oxford Circus, Chancery Lane and Kings Cross
Note: If interested, you will have the opportunity to do Remote GP sessions
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As an experienced Doctor, you’ll be making a difference every day. At Bupa, feel less pressured in a flexible and dynamic role. With a supportive network and a healthy work-life balance, expect autonomy and an environment where collaboration is celebrated
This is a great opportunity to join one of our Bupa Health Centres in London. You will deliver health assessments and ad-hoc private consultations to medical insurance and self-paying customers. With longer appointment times, appropriate team support and more freedom to refer, you will be able to provide a high-quality preventative primary care service to all customers. We have a network of dedicated Bupa Health Clinics across the UK (which have superb CQC reports), and you will be joining a community of over 200 GP’s.
What you’ll do:
Being a Bupa GP means a rewarding role with more time to explore patient needs, more time to listen, and ultimately more job satisfaction. Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Delivering face to face health assessments and private GP consultations
- Undertaking clinical work in accordance with the standards of good clinical practice
- Attending and participating in clinical meetings / training sessions as required
- Engaging in incident reporting and investigations
- Supporting Centre Manager and Lead Physician in management of complaints
- Participating in an annual clinical review and competency assessments within Bupa
- Working with the Lead Physician on quality improvement activities including audits
- Providing clinical advice and guidance to colleagues, which may include health advisors and administrative staff
We are here for you:
You’ll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient. You will also be given the training to ensure you always reach your best. You will be provided with support from the administrative and clinical staff. Protected time to ensure you are as productive as possible and have the appropriate time needed with each patient. A good work-life balance – with no late evening appointments or extended hours.
What you’ll bring:
A confident GP with significant experience of working independently in a Private or NHS surgery.
You will also need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years on the GP Register List (GMC)
- Minimum of 2 years current General Practice experience
- Completed MRCGP
- Competence and confidence in performing smear tests, using vaginal speculum and interpreting ECGs
- A professional, but not robotic manner – your caring nature should extend across patients and colleagues
- Great time management and flexibility
- Demonstrating clinical excellence, and professionalism across the role
- Taking pride in your work and in doing the best job you can
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
As a Salaried GP, you’ll be eligible for:
- Paid indemnity cover
- Annual pay review
- Paid study leave
- CPD opportunities and access to leadership courses
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms and local discounts
As a Self-Employed GP, you’ll be eligible for:
- Competitive per sessions rate
- Discounted indemnity rate
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them. Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you’ve been. This is where you’re going. This is what we have belief in.
For more information:
Please contact Joan-Eric on Joan-Eric.Miguel@bupa.com
- Address London
- Salary Offer Competitive