We are looking for a Football Writer to cover Norwich City!
The successful candidate will be a highly-driven and talented individual who understands what football fans want to read and how to write engaging stories to reach the largest audience possible around Norwich City.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right ideas, lots of enthusiasm and a passion for football reporting. Experience of working with content management systems and digital publishing would be a bonus and candidates are encouraged to include examples of previous writing on football.
We know sports media across the UK needs to be more representative of the fans who read our journalism. We particularly want to hear from people who feel their voice isn’t being heard in sports journalism, and who want to play a leading role in helping to shape a more inclusive future for sports journalism.
This position will be home based, however due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to live within this region to enable them to report on local stories and issues.
What will the role involve?
- Produce content around Norwich City which will appeal to and engage with the largest possible audience
- Cover major stories and breaking news in a fast-paced digital environment
- Understand the issues which your club’s supporters care about and create interesting content accordingly
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion to tell stories in a way that is optimised for online audiences
- Ensure that our content is the fan’s first port of call for news around Norwich City
- Take an ideas-first approach to content that seeks to add value to readers with unique and insightful angles
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site’s output
- Use social media to engage with and build our audiences
Who are we looking for?
- A proven record of quality writing about football through work at other publications or a personal blog or website
- A proven ability to connect with fans to respond to what they are talking about
- Good understanding of digital publishing, hopefully with experience of using web publishing systems, understanding of SEO, digital audience behaviour and analytics
- Great social media understanding
- Relevant work experience
- Understanding of editorial strategy and brand values
- Awareness and understanding of how people use the internet to follow football news
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.