We have an exciting opportunity for a creative football writer to join Liverpool.com.
You will be responsible for engaging a wide range of audience in unique, alternative and insightful Liverpool FC content which seeks to constantly find new ways to bring a new and returning audience to its platform.
We know sports media across the UK needs to be more representative of the fans who read our journalism. We particularly want to hear from people who feel their voice isn’t being heard in sports journalism, and who want to play a leading role in helping to shape a more inclusive future for sports journalism.
- Producing first class original content including features, opinion, comment and reportage that will engage diverse audience needs
- Focused on high impact content around the biggest talking points directly and indirectly affecting Liverpool Football Club
- React to the biggest stories with alternative ideas which go beyond the news or opinion cycle which are both engaging and thought provoking
- Find and tell stories which entice as many readers as possible and will be of interest to people around the world
- Have an eye for tactical, profiled and alternative content with a unique writing style which can lend itself to on-pitch topics and the wider football landscape
- Help edit and upload when needed, as well as general site management
- Use Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms to example content daily as well as instigate native, engaging content
- Be part of video and audio content ideas and practices which help build community and loyalty to the site and brand
- Be a public face of our sports coverage
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Modify working practices and learn new skills in order with company requirements
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
- Experience/awareness of SEO and other website traffic driving strategies
- Social media presence and capability to capture engagement using varied platforms
- A wide range of football knowledge and written skills which are able to form features, opinion and journalistic material, dependant on circumstances
- Passion for digital storytelling which goes beyond the confines of local journalism
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Minimum one year experience in writing football content — preferably Liverpool Football Club themed — with the ability to example work
- Demonstrable knowledge of football which goes beyond mere awareness
- Photoshop experience would be preferable, but not essential
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- Salary Offer £Competitive + excellent company benefits