|Job Title||Field Engineer|
|Reports To||Lead Field Engineer|
|Function||Network Operations – South East Region|
|Salary Range||£46,652 per annum – (depending on experience)|
|Closing Date||7th February 2021|
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
This is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to build a career in a large company to support you in moving up the career ladder with a heap of benefits along the way.
- We offer fully paid training to give you the recognised qualifications you need to progress your career at UKPN
- Paid Annual leave
- Personal Pension Plan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks:
UK Power Networks owns and maintains electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. We maintain and upgrade power equipment and move and connect new electricity cables.
UK Power Networks is the first company to win the prestigious Utility of the Year Award two years running and was named one of the top large companies (Sunday Times Top 30) to work for in the country for the third successive year.
To work as part of a team to deliver the Capital Programme, Connection, Maintenance and Faults within the SPN geographical areas. This includes liaison with customers, Network Operations and Control, networks planning and management of field staff and management of contractors.
- Ensure safety management throughout all responsibilities
- Responsibility for delivery of all construction, maintenance and fault works to time, cost and quality
- Ensure staff comply with all procedures and work to a high standard of quality
- Daily planning, coordination and real-time responsibility for the efficient utilisation of resources together with the London Region scheduling team
- Liaise with HV/LV control – submission of HV/LV switching log, complete HV/LV network operations in accordance to distribution safety rules and procedures. etc.
- Support and provide technical support to field staff,
- Manage and resolve any contract actual issues, with the support of Contract Management.
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements for the safe delivery of projects work when needed.
- Complete quality assurance checks of works completed and rectify any quality issues identified.
- Liaise with and manage relationships with our customers to meet their expectations wherever possible.
- To be prepared to assist other sections when needed e.g. organisational changes, system emergencies etc as determined by your experience.
- Complete out of hours safety/emergency response (Standby) when needed
Nature and Scope:
You will support your team and manage the delivery of all Capital Programme, Connection, Maintenance and Faults work within a geographical area.
Together with the scheduling team, Field Staff Supervisor and Field Staff you will be responsible for delivering an excellent service to the customer, ensuring we meet the requirements of our Guaranteed Service Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- ONC Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- HNC Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Complete Standalone Standby
- Authorised to work on the Enhanced Interconnected Radial Network
- IT literate, including financial and work package (SAP)
- Current valid driving licence
- LV/HV authorisation on the SPN network
- NRSWA (City & Guilds) Supervisors certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- Familiarity with MS Excel spreadsheets
- Organisational Awareness
- Customer Service
- Safety Management
- Project Management
- Prioritisation/Scheduling experience
- To be appointed at Band D grade staff must have as a minimum; HNC or equivalent
Should you not currently possess the full range of essential skills, qualifications and competencies listed above, there may be a chance for further training to equip you appropriately. If you do not possess all relevant competencies for the core grade, it will be appropriate to appoint at a lower grade until they have developed the required competencies.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees will ensure they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees will understand those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
Employees need to be aware that for some craft and operational roles that work at height, or use fall arrest devices, there is an upper weight limit of 116Kg due to maximum safe working load of the safety equipment that is used.
If in doubt ask!
- Address Tunbridge Wells
- Salary Offer Salary Range £46,652 per annum – (depending on experience)