At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
As part of this, we are now recruiting a FOS Complaints Handler to join the team in our Bromley office on a full time, permanent contract basis.
The Complaint Handler will work collaboratively with all key stakeholders on behalf of the Chief Executive to investigate and resolve customer complaints on a delegated authority basis.
- Manage complaints and compose press briefs to pre agreed quality standards and productivity targets whilst adhering to all regulatory requirements
- Independently manage your case load, prioritising accordingly
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with all business areas across DLG and Brand Partners. Influence and engage them, utilising your increased input in decision making,
- Act in an advisory capacity and be a technical referral point for all business areas across DLG, including Brand Partners/ Press Office, by providing coaching and guidance in the end to end process of complaint management
- Be proactive and accurate in the use of feedback mechanisms
- Identify own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the Insurance risk framework
- Contribute to the DLG mission statement “Making insurance easier and much better value for our customers” through your participation and engagement
- Maintain your knowledge by regular reading of all relevant business communications e.g. Forward/Outcome Focus, Intranet, huddle hub, business buzz etc
- Review Brand Partner complaints and provide updates when required
- Ad hoc reviews of Training Material and Processes used within the department & as required by Leadership Team
Skills you will need
- A proven track record of delivering Customer Excellence and Compliance
- High attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of Products & Services and Risk Management
- Great communication skills
Hours: 35 Mon-Fri
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.