We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
– Use monitoring; reacting to alerts and proactively managing alert notifications
– Interact with Incident management; Identify issues/problems, log, manage communication and updates
– Co-ordinate and manage any internal departments that are required to work on incidents
– Use Ticket management; regularly update tickets and customer to agreed timescales
– Engage in Supplier Management; chase for updates, manage product, TAC cases and service SLA
– Identify any issues/impact new service/migration could have on network or operations
– Plan and prepare all tasks, consulting with peers for advice and opinions
– Evaluate and review all planned works/changes that are submitted and understand impact on network and business
– Implement changes at approved time windows
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Business knowledge – understands the internal business relationships and familiar with service level agreements and expectations of internal customer departments
– Technical qualification or practical experience to a CCNP level
– Numerical & verbal reasoning – able to assimilate complex data and to clarify options available. Strong analytical skills, able to interpret performance data and provide concise reports
– Experience in Relationship Management – Establish rapport and trust with internal customers. Develop direct empathy demonstrating a clear understanding of customer’s operational requirements.
– Problem Solving – ability to obtain relevant, concise information from multiple sources. Defines the problem area clearly and can assimilate options and recommendations
– Advance knowledge of LAN routing (OSPF/BGP) and switching technologies, particularly in a data centre environment.
– Advance knowledge of layer 4+ technologies, particularly load balancers and firewalls.
– Enterprise Wi-Fi deployment and management experience
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about