- United Kingdom
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Administrator/ Coordinator
- Full-time Permanent
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon UK is looking for talented people to join us at an exciting time for our business, as we enter into a period of accelerated growth and development. Do you have the skills and aptitude we’re looking for? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an organisation that values your contribution and rewards you accordingly? If the answer is yes, please read on…
Canon Cambridge has a vacancy for a skilled high volume digital print operator with experience on Canon 3700 printers with in-line and near-line finishing. This is a double day shift working pattern, and will be located at either our facility near Duxford or at Papworth Everard Cambridge, the ability to be able to commute to either site is essential. You will be part of a small print production team using the latest digital print equipment to produce high quality, high volume mono printed books. You will be required to ensure a high standard of service delivery is provided and the excellent reputation of the Canon brand is maintained at all times working to a zero defect quality level. The role will be at either our Duxford facility or our Papworth Everard facility and the ability to commute to either site is essential due to shift working hours public transport may not necessarily run at these times.
You will be required to work to and maintain all processes and procedures employed within the in-house print facility in accordance with the requirements of all ISO accreditation held achieved.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus – A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Pivate healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
To ensure that total quality management controls are maintained throughout the various aspects of print services delivery, and take pride and professionalism in all tasks, and take ownership for all work personally produced.
You will reproduce high quality documents to customer specifications using high-speed digital printers and finishing equipment, while meeting customers Service Level Agreements. You must be able to fill out all quality control paperwork fully and accurately. You will be aware of and maintain safe working practices related to Health & Safety and COSHH regulations. and attend all shifts on time and follow procedure for all other absences.
As a team member you undertake any reasonable ad hoc duties as requested by the Document Services Team Leader/Manager.
Good understanding of mono digital print technologies within the mid to high volume print production areas required. Specifically using Canon continuous fed CS3700 twin tower ink jet print systems using Hunkeler paper handling and IBIS booklet makers, with sheet fed being VP6220, VP110, and ImagePress C700 and C750 low volume digital. Demonstrable experience in this equipment preferred and candidates with high volume digital colour print experience will be an asset. Please also detail in your application any other print systems, software and finishing equipment you are fully skilled and trained in. You will have excellent inter-personnel skills with the ability to operate on your own print line but still be part of a team. A focussed quality assurance approach exhibiting a reliable and responsible attitude required.
You will need
As the Document Services Operator (Ink Jet), you will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Focs on the customer
- Apply high standards of accuracy
- Communicate effectively
- Drive for results
- Take ownership and accountability
- Act as a team player
Salary – £28,000 with an additional 20% shift allowance payment
Location – Duxford / Papworth Everard Cambridge
Closing date – Please apply as soon as possible
No agencies please
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.