Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain’s leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Portfolio & Operations Manager to lead all change and risk management activities within our Digital department. We’re turning our brands into digital leaders, revolutionising how people use our products and services and we need you to help control how we do it.
Who you’ll be working with:
You’ll be working closely with all teams in Digital to help support and influence all change initiatives, this includes regular reporting to the Digital Leadership team. But importantly, that also means you’ll be working closely with all teams throughout our Group affected by what we do in Digital, from our Contact Centres to Marketing and Technology Services to Underwriting, managing the flow of Digital communication throughout.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the Digital budget for both operating and project expenditure, handling all forecasting processes and related spend activity.
- Define and lead a road map across the entire Digital portfolio, understanding key achievements, deliverables and dependencies, which can be translated into an overview of key activities across the team.
- Regularly liaising with the Leadership Team to report on key activities inside and outside of Digital.
- Build a strong communication structure within – and outside of – the Digital department to allow for clear reporting.
- Be the “one source of truth” for the team, being involved in all new work coming into Digital, attending initiation meetings, facilitating prioritisation and ensuring that the relevant planning is in place before it reaches a scrum team.
- Handle all risk activities across the Digital team ensuring all change activities adhere to the standards set and everyone is fully compliant.
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge. We also have team lunches, wellness walks and team nights out that will show you that working in DLG Digital is a department that makes your job more than just work. Find out more about working in DLG Digital here: https://www.dlgdigital.co.uk/
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.