Help Bristol SU realise its ambitious digital future, taking charge of a technical team to find and deliver the digital solutions to transform our charity.
We’re looking for someone to bring together and manage our digital service portfolio, to identify valuable opportunities to improve our systems and processes, and to deliver innovative solutions which transform our students’ digital experience with us.
You will have a role in improving our organisational approach to data capture and analysis, which will help us make quicker, better and more sustainable decisions confidently. You’ll work closely with a small but growing technical team, and you’ll meet a wide range of stakeholders as we work to grow the profile and prominence of the SU’s digital function.
What’s the job?
Role: Digital Operations Manager
Hours: Full-time (5 days a week or equivalent hours)
Salary: £31,163 to £35,073 (starting at bottom of paygrade)
Closing date: 9am 27th October 2021
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – Bristol SU is a seriously fun place to work. Our professional staff do something extraordinary every day: we support student leaders to give people a voice in their education, help people get the most out of their student experience and help people make the change they want in the world.We have over 25,000 members, 350 clubs and societies, a huge range of professional services, and a bold strategy to inspire pride in the Union.
Who are you?
- You are experienced in optimising systems, processes and ways of working, and able to spot and address gaps in an organisation’s digital approach
- You are confident prototyping and testing digital solutions for end users and staff, managing a small but growing team of development staff and key suppliers
- You know how to embed key systems in organisations through robust management, service processes and training
- You can help the SUto gather and interpret user interaction data, allowing the SU to tailor its services and build a more complete picture of our members’ interactions with us
Because you’re excited by the challenge!
We offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector, a generous pension scheme and excellent holiday allowance. We’re open to considering requests for part-time working. We provide professional training so that whatever your chosen field of work, with the right mix of challenge and support, you’ll gain fantastic experience, and room to develop and advance your career.
Bristol SU has been recognised through numerous accreditations and awards including Investors in People, Investors in Diversity, the Workplace Wellbeing Charter and more. No wonder 94% of our employees would recommend us as a good place work.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status. We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Be yourself, be proud of the workyou do and build a career in a place that knows different is good.
Please visit our website to apply and find out more.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications made via the application portal on our website.
- Address 105 Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol
- Salary Offer £31,163 to £35,073 (starting at bottom of paygrade)