Part time 24 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
Providing front of house services to dental patients.
What you’ll do:
- Welcome patients and visitors and direct them to the appropriate areas
- Notify providers (dentist or hygienist) of patient’s arrival
- Review adherence to appointment times, liaise with the provider and inform the patient of excessive delays
- Schedule appointments in person or by telephone, liaising with the provider where necessary in accordance with practice policy
- Ensure patient, or patient’s representative, have signed appropriate treatment estimate
- Complete confirmation calls for all types of appointment, using the correct protocol
- Ensure all patient records are completed correctly before filing and are stored in the correct secure filing cabinet in alphabetical order
- Calculate and collect patient charges, recording receipt on Exact
- Encourage prompt payment and chase any outstanding debts
- Balance all monies received at the end of each day: Ensure monies are held securely until banked: Complete records ready for banking.
- enter and retrieve patient scheduling data, including recalls, on paper files and/or computer while maintaining confidentiality.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong customer service experience
- Good PC skills
- Experience gained in a similar role is preferred but not essential
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a (job title) you’ll be eligible for:
• 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
• Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
• An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
• Various family friendly benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address RG1