What we are looking for:
At Direct Line Group, we continue to unleash the power of technology to disrupt the insurance market and our Technology Services team is at the heart of this! Working to provide the kind of experience and services that wow our customers, we are delivering a set of ambitious plans to transform our technology for the future, evolving the systems, platforms and infrastructure that our people use day-to-day.
Would you be interested in working with a technical stack that includes AWS, Linux, Informatica (IICS), Aurora, Redshift, Redwood scheduling tool (RMJ) and Data Modelling using Erwin. We have an immediate requirement for an AWS Redshift/Aurora Data Engineer and would love to hear from you if you would like to become our next database performance and tuning specialist on this greenfield project.
Who you’ll be working with:
A member of the Finance Squad which sits within the Tech Enabling Tribe, you’ll take on an enduring role as our Data Engineer on Finance Data Platform application (FDP) within the overall delivery of a 3-year strategic finance programme.
We are moving into Agile ways of working. This comes with immense potential to learn, develop your skills as you initially see us through a very exciting time of change. You will be valued and looked to for inspiration, with clear goals and autonomy as well as leadership focus being part of your daily role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing and maintaining Aurora (Postgre) and Redshift databases to support critical finance platforms
- Performance, tuning and monitoring of Aurora and Redshift database clusters
- Defining and implementing best in class Aurora and Redshift DevOps processes
- Implementing and maintaining security roles
- Crafting and reviewing database (Aurora/Redshift) logical and physical designs
- Supporting the planning and delivery of changes to the FDP databases
- Ensuring that proposed solutions are aligned with DLG and Finance architectures and road maps
- Quality assuring requirements, impact assessments, design specifications, resource estimates
- Assisting in prioritising the backlog of changes to the finance platform
- Maintaining SME of the external market and emerging technology trends related to specific applications
- Developing own external/internal network to capture intelligence and promote
- Cloud – AWS or GCP or Azure
- OS – Linux
- Strong Data Warehousing and Data Modelling experience using multi-dimension data
- RDBMS – Aurora or (Oracle, SQLServer, DB2)
- Development team is using agile delivery methods so knowledge of DevOps, Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
- CI/CD using Jenkins and AWS native tools (e.g. AWS Codebuild and CodePipeline)
What we’ll give you:
Come join us and you’ll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We’re always encouraging internal development and you’ll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.