We’re proud to be number 3 in The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For 2019.
Our salary package starts from £20,710 – £22,628 depending on experience and includes a 9% pension contribution.
You’ll also have an opportunity to earn an additional bonus between £1,200 to £3,600 per annum (dependant on the role and your performance).
What is the role all about?
Our Customer Advisors are the first point of contact for many and we have a variety of teams that are here to support them each day. We’re looking for people to join our Customer Service, Sales, Retention or our Pet and Travel teams.
As an advisor you will interacting with a wide variety of people every day, so you’ll need to be able to adapt your approach, listen and understand our customer needs, as well as capturing information and providing a phenomenal level of service.
What could you be being doing every single day?
All of our Customer Advisor roles are very similar. You’ll be taking care of customer queries, supporting with insurance renewals and talking through the benefits of additional insurance products and services. Whether that it across our Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag or Privilege brands you’ll work with some great people and make a difference to our customers.
These roles are phone based, the days will be busy, but they’ll fly by! You’ll need to be upbeat and adapt to change well. There will be plenty of opportunity to develop your skills, take on additional learning to build an amazing career here.
You don’t need to have previous experience for these roles, but if you do we’ll review your experience and pay dependant on this.
What hours will you be working?
We are here when are customers need us and this can be at different times of the day over Monday to Sunday. These roles do work on a full-time shift basis, that we can talk you through in more detail.
37.5 hour working week
Shifts between Monday – Friday 08:00 – 21:15, Saturday 09:00 – 17:00 and Sunday 10:00 – 17:00
Direct Line Group are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity. We do not discriminate, and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways. We will always adapt so you have the best and most comfortable working environment. If during the recruitment process you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.