Customer Service Advisor
Salford Quays (M50 3SP) Greater Manchester & Home based (Only 1 day in the office every fortnight once competent)
£18,450- £24,000 depending on experience + monthly performance-based bonus
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shifts between 8am – 8pm Mon-Fri, 1 in 4 Saturdays 8am – 4pm
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers. Our members will call for a variety of reasons from sprained ankles to life threatening illnesses, but you’ll need to treat each call with the same level of care and compassion as the last.
It can be challenging at times, you’ll need to authorise or decline treatment in line with policy coverage but if you can bring us the empathy and resilience we need then we can help you build a career at a company that’s all about its people.
Once you have completed your induction, training and are competent in your role at our state-of-the-art offices in Salford Quays you’ll benefit from hybrid working, only needing to go into the office once a fortnight, giving you the freedom to work from home and maintain a great work life balance.
What you’ll do:
- Support customer enquiries through both inbound and outbound calls, ensuring each customer has a great experience whether it’s the first call of the day or the last
- Pre-authorise or decline treatment in line with Bupa policy coverage, responding with empathy at all times
- Accurately maintain our customer database, ensuring all conversations and outcomes are recorded
- Maintain high professional standards at all times and abide by all regulatory requirements
What you’ll bring:
Our customer service colleagues come from all walks of life with varying levels of experience. No matter our age, background or history we all believe in providing great customer service and have a passion for helping others. Some of the skills you’ll need to succeed as a Customer Service Advisor are:
- Great listening and communication skills with the ability to respond with empathy
- A mix of flexibility and resilience to deal with a variety of enquiries
- Confidence using a PC and the ability to multitask though we have a range of support tools designed to help you on the phone with customers.
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude with a real desire to help others
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Customer Service Advisor you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Discounted access to Gympass, a flexible, monthly subscription service with live classes, fitness apps and 1-21 sessions
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free local parking and access to a season ticket loan for public transport
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
How candidate can apply for your job. You can leave your contact information to receive hard copy application or any detailed guide for application.
- Address Salford Quays
- Salary Offer £20,025