Customer Complaints Executive
£19,750 + fantastic benefits
Full Time (37.5 hours)
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
About the job area:
Based in our UK Insurance business our Customer Relations team support with complaints from members, providers and corporate clients. They ensure that all complaints are logged, tracked and responded to professionally and in a timely manner whilst ensuring the customer remains at the heart of each and every decision.
As a Customer Complaints Executive, you’ll take ownership of escalated complaints and manage them through to resolution. It’s a highly rewarding role, you’ll speak to customers, listen to calls, review documents and work with specialist teams to support your investigation to help reach the best outcomes for our customers and for Bupa.
What you’ll do:
• Investigate and respond to escalated complaints up to executive level and line with FCA regulations, being empathetic at all times
• Record and input complaints on our tracking system
• Feedback to other areas of the business on the causes of complaints, making recommendations to mitigate any future risks
• Inform customers of the outcome of their complaints over the phone and in writing, explaining your decision and their options.
• If appropriate, decide on the level of compensation to be awarded – you’ll be responsible for choosing the right option
What you’ll bring:
• Previous experience investigating and managing complaints through to resolution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to review evidence objectively
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload
• An understanding of FCA regulations and a working knowledge of the Financial Ombudsman Service also
Why Bupa? (for your external Ad)
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically, as a Customer Complaints Executive you’ll be eligible for:
• 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
• Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
• An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
• Various family friendly benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Bupa Place, Salford Quays
- Salary Offer £19,750