Acorn is an innovative charity that provides addiction recovery services to inspire and motivate change within communities by enabling individuals to achieve a life worth living. They have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
Acorn Recovery Projects are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual, with the ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients that are engaged in our residential rehab programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team of Counsellors that deliver Acorns therapeutic programmes across all Acorn locations. You must have a passion for supporting people in their recovery journeys and experience in addictions counselling.
You will be based in Stockport mainly though may be needed in Lancashire and Greater Manchester. As the service requires
Your hours of work would be 37.5 hours per week
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Acorn and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- The ability to engage with challenging individuals and build trusting relationships – patience and resilience will be key!
- A passion for supporting people, providing exceptional care
- A flexible and innovative approach to service delivery
- Level 4/5 Diploma in Counselling
- Full driving licence and access to car
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Punctual and reliable