Are you a future leader, with a passion for corporate social responsibility, looking to take your responsible business skills to the next level?
In our quest to constantly evolve our approach to Corporate Social Responsibility, we are looking for a new member of our award-winning CSR team. Reporting to the Head of CSR, we’re looking for an individual with a thirst to develop wider leadership and job-specific skills that both broadens their horizons, and ours.
This role will play a key role helping us take our award winning Corporate Responsibility (CR) agenda to the next level. As our Corporate Responsibility Associate, you’ll help deliver and develop our Social Impact and CSR strategy, leading on the implementation of flagship external facing programmes. As part of our External Affairs function – which leads the business on our public facing engagement, advocacy and corporate communications – your focus will be on managing the development and delivery of programmes that are transformative for the people and groups we are seeking to support.
As well as acting as lead on existing programmes, you will have a mandate to innovate and develop our approach, suggesting fresh ways of how we think and deliver on our agenda.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as lead project manager for a suite of community investment and skills-based programmes, capturing their impact and continually exploring opportunities for development
- Capture data and insights from corporate responsibility activity and translate findings into reports and recommendations that influence our strategic direction
- Convene and manage an internal network of advocates by facilitating, challenging and advising departmental activity streams that feed into our wider strategy goals
- Lead on Corporate Responsibility event management, acting as a conduit between internal associates and external guests
- Effectively communicate engagement opportunities internally and externally through varied channels
- Manage digital processes, our internal volunteering platform, and administer charity and community partner payments, ensuring requests are processed in a timely manner
- Support the Head of Corporate Responsibility in the development of overall strategy, acting as a facilitator for how programmes and partnerships are delivered and managed
- Be an advocate of Capital One’s corporate citizenship , attending events to represent the business and take the lead on developing our environmental sustainability programme
- Work within the wider External Affairs team and play a role in keeping abreast of the broader external influences that shape how we work
We expect to see:
We’re looking for a future leader, and someone with a passion for Corporate Responsibility issues, particularly focusing on community investment, skills and life-chances for young people. Invested in developing knowledge for other areas of CSR/ESG, such as environmental sustainability, as well as our broader External Affairs remit is critical too. Other attributes that will make you stand out are:
- Analytical skills and ability to use data for insights to shape our approach combined with creative flair
- Flexible approach to working and adaptable in a dynamic working environment
- An ability to clearly articulate ideas and offer unique solutions to challenges, both verbally and visually
- Effective internal stakeholder management enabling buy in from senior leaders
What’s in it for you
We’re set up for growth – and that means in our people, as well as our business. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career, including our Capital One training programmes.
As well as that, you’ll get:
- Pension and bonus schemes
- 25 days’ holiday and the option to buy up to 5 more
- Private medical insurance
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few: .
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Address Nottingham (Position currently Remote Working)
- Salary Offer Competitive