Calico Homes’ is a values lead company who through an integrated approach, using our specialist knowledge and expertise, will work collaboratively with our customers, providing outstanding and innovative services to enable us to find the best possible outcomes, ensuring the future success of the Calico Group. Group Business Services, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
Temporary role – up to 12 months to cover maternity leave
As a Contracts Administrator within Calico Homes’ Group Business Services team in Burnley, you will work closely with external contractors and internal colleagues across the Calico Group.
As a Contracts Administrator you will need to be able to provide administrative support in respect of facilities contracts and co-ordinating works with specialist contractors/suppliers for the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance, working collaboratively across the group to ensure smooth delivery, whilst ensuring that procurement of goods and services achieves value for money and expenditure is accurately allocated to appropriate areas delivering the best possible outcomes for customers.
You will be based at Calico Head Office, Centenary Court, Croft Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 2ED.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- The ability to engage with individuals and build trusting relationships – patience and resilience will be key!
- A passion for providing exceptional customer services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use own initiative and find creative solutions to problems
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to deal with difficult customers/situations in a positive and tactful manner.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this vacancy please contact Paul Jones on 01282 686454.