In 2014, as part of its commitment to extend the provision of legal services it offers to its customers, Direct Line Group launched a newly formed law firm, DLG Legal Services. We have a team of Litigators acting for clients in a broad range of contract, consumer, property and inheritance disputes.
What we are looking for
We are currently recruiting for an experienced litigator to join our Bristol team on a full time 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The role involves handling a caseload of predominantly small claims in relation to contract, consumer, professional negligence, inheritance and property dispute matters, with the potential to take on a number of fast and multi-track claims dependent on experience.
You will be taking initial instructions and providing clear and accurate legal advice. This will involve progressing claims pro-actively and in a timely manner in line with the terms of the client’s legal expenses insurance policy.
What you will be doing
- Apply a consistent approach to assessing the legal merits of claims
- Ensure that time is spent pro-actively progressing claims as efficiently and proportionately as possible
- Provide accurate and clear legal advice, handling clients’ expectations, explaining decisions and the steps in the claims process clearly and succinctly, and ensuring clients are treated fairly.
- Take all reasonable steps to settle claims and recover costs
- Record time spent accurately and maintain accurate system records
- Identify, own, and handle the risks involved in running our business appropriate to the role, in line with the relevant risk framework and in compliance with all DLG Legal Services policies and procedures and the SRA Code of Conduct at all times
- Identify learning & development needs and opportunities for self-progression
- Support the strategic development of department standard methodology, product performance, and the customer experience.
Skills and Qualities you will need
- Experience of handling a caseload of consumer, contract, property and inheritance disputes.
- Good understanding of civil litigation with experience of managing small claim and fast track litigation.
- Experience of looking after Legal Expenses Insurance-funded claims would also be desirable but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Articulate and confident in client care.
Hours : Full Time Monday – Friday