MyLondon is the city’s biggest news website with an 80+ strong team which has quadrupled in size over the last year.
This is the best patch in the country with an amazing array of stories to tell – and we’re now looking for a content editor to drive and shape the news agenda day in, day out.
You’ll need energy, enthusiasm and lots of ideas, plus you’ll be a natural leader who wants to make an impact in a dynamic newsroom.
Fresh ideas and new perspectives from a wide range of backgrounds are at the heart of what we do – and if you feel under-represented in the media then we want to hear from you.
This role will be based in our office at Canary Wharf with some work from home. The successful candidate will need to live in London.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find, develop and edit stories from every area and community across the city
- Lead the newsroom to produce content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- Publish to the highest possible digital standards, including optimising for SEO, social media and registration
- Manage home pages and audience engagement channels, including social platforms
- Develop members of the team, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Help build signed in communities and grow our loyal readership, finding new audiences in London and beyond
- Be flexible – this role will involve shift work
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.