Norfolk and Suffolk are great places to live and work, and Reach Plc is delighted to be launching new sites for these two brilliant counties, celebrating everything that makes them so special. NorfolkLive and SuffolkLive will be the home of creativity, live news and a love of all things about East Anglia. You’ll be joining the launch team at an exciting time and will be key in building these sites from scratch – focusing on the topics audiences really care about. You’ll also be joining one of the fastest growing regions in Reach Plc – with a track record of successful new site launches over the past 12 months.
As a Content Editor you will be responsible for helping us make the most of every story, maintaining high journalistic standards and you will come up with ideas for content that will engage our audience and the different communities on our patch.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
This position will be home based, however due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will ideally live local to this region.
What will the role involve?
- You will lead the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- You will look after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Publishing content online
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc)
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you’ll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence is preferable
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you
What we can offer you
- We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.