At Cazoo, we’re changing the way people research, finance and buy used cars. And we’re making strides – recently hitting 10,000 sales, hiring across all departments, and launching new products in 2021. People like what we’re doing, too. We’ve got a 4.8 rating on TrustPilot.
We’re looking for an experienced content designer to work with our team of designers, product managers, researchers and developers. You’ll be part of our growing content design team, helping to plan, create and evolve content for our products.
Joining a young, thriving company is a rare opportunity. You’ll need to feel at home in a data-driven environment with lofty goals, but you’ll be supported by kind, smart colleagues. Together, you’ll constantly research, ship and improve a product that’s genuinely helping people.
What you’ll do:
- Work with UX research to identify gaps in end-user understanding and make content recommendations to resolve them
- Work with designers on information architecture and the overall narrative and messaging for different parts of the online journey
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content, including interface language, navigational taxonomy and other content across Cazoo (like landing pages and UX copy)
- Work with product managers and our analytics teams to plan and run content tests to understand which content is most effective
- Continually work to evolve our content standards
- Work closely with marketing to ensure content meets comms and business goals
- Ensure consistency across touchpoints
Skills and experience you bring:
- Content design thinking
- Hands-on writing skills, including UX writing, editing for web and mobile experience
- Understanding of design thinking and user experience
- Ability to structure content to meet customer needs
- Strong understanding of data analytics and methods for evaluating content effectiveness
- Experience of driving a content-first approach in previous roles, with the ability to advocate and explain content design approaches and methodologies
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both orally and in writing. You’ll need to successfully liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders, teams and third parties.
- Bags of motivation! You’ll be joining a dynamic, fast-moving startup where agility is key.
We value people who are:
- Customer Obsessed. At Cazoo, people come before cars. We encourage service design thinking and understanding that customers interact with Cazoo beyond just a website.
- Team Players. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to take ownership in their area and collaborate with others. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
- Fast Drivers. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves to make fast decisions and learn as quickly as possible.
- Data Driven. We value making informed decisions and using data to inform those decisions. If there’s data, use data.
Our London home is located a stone’s throw from Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package. At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and people with disabilities to apply. Cazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
- Address 41 Chalton Street