We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our MOJ commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
This is an exciting role with real opportunity to deliver change.
- Developing the commercial risk framework, identifying key risks throughout the procurement and supply management cycle, ensuring mitigations in place with clear ownership, monitoring and reporting ;
- Working with the Supplier Management team to identify common areas of contractual risk and informing policy and governance controls;
- Develop and implement a compliance process to monitor and report CCMD performance against key controls ;
- Work closely with the Fraud team to identify potential fraud, bribery and corruption risks and identify mitigating actions ;
- Promote risk management awareness and where necessary act as the subject matter expert to develop training and awareness sessions for the commercial directorate ;
- Monitor all Audit recommendations to ensure agreed actions are implemented ;
- Work with the Business Support team and where necessary provide guidance for the reporting of operational risks, business continuity and disaster recovery planning ;
- To ensure that risk reviews are conducted for key commercial projects and lessons learned used to inform policy and governance developments ;
- Working with the MOJ risk team to ensure MOJ are aligned and compliant with corporate risk management policies and reporting requirements.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Commercial Focus – In-depth procurement and contract management knowledge, full commercial lifecycle experience.
- Risk mindset – the ability to understand relevant commercial risk, which enables effective risk mitigation.
- Builds Relationships – Proven experience influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Coaching Manager – The ability to develop high performance teams, and to manage cross-functional teams in project work.
- Market Insight – the ability to be able to offer expert commercial advice in risk management, being aware of the latest risk management processes and initiatives.
Closing Date: Sunday 07th March 2021
- Address Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms- up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.