An exciting and entrepreneurial opportunity to help drive the commercial discipline and success of Kantar Marketplace globally. In this position, you will report to the Global Head of Business Development, Kantar Marketplace and work collaboratively with the Global Head of Business Development and the Global Finance Business Partner to drive overall revenue attainment for this business.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help clients understand people and inspire growth.
Kantar Marketplace is an automated market research platform designed for insights professionals, marketers and agencies who want to test, learn and move faster. It is the only market research platform with solutions that have been independently validated to predict sales and brand growth. We are committed to helping our clients unlock powerful insights through our verified audiences, intuitive self-serve dashboards and expert consulting – in over 50 countries.
The platform powers a core portfolio of self-serve and serviced agile solutions, plus client-specific versions of the platform and portfolio.
The Commercial Operations Director will be responsible for driving and supporting a more structured, systematic and disciplined approach to commercial and sales planning for Kantar Marketplace globally.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Dedicated to driving the overall commercial discipline and success of Kantar Marketplace, across all solutions and all markets.
- Developing global and local sales plans to ensure revenue and margin targets are met. These plans will be developed in collaboration with key stakeholders in the global and local teams, plus within the GCL community.
- Contribute to the go-to-market sales strategy and rolling priorities by providing data-driven insight and guidance on key areas of focus, key client opportunities, and specific sales tactics to drive client penetration, up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Monitor and track sales performance to proactively identify issues and opportunities for sales process improvement (including sales effectiveness technology partners). Work closely with sales leaders to evaluate sales processes and effectiveness.
- Design and lead projects to improve sales processes and sales operational efficiency, including effective implementation and activation of these processes globally.
- Develop and implement regular reporting of key sales performance metrics such as funnel analysis, gap analysis.
- Develop and administer global sales pushes and competitions from design to implementation to reward issuance in order to assist the sales teams in achieving commercial goals and creating a tighter community.
- Support sales enablement through contributing to the creation of playbooks, training, and related sales materials for our sales and client service roles.
- Be highly collaborative, working closely with the Head of Business Development, Global Business Development team, Global Market Activation team, FDs and Finance Business Partners, Kantar Marketplace Champions and local Business Development teams to drive performance – tracking, monitoring and pivoting when needed.
- Work within a matrix structure to support, motivate and harness the capabilities of the teams in to drive growth for Kantar Marketplace.
- Achievement of revenue and margin targets at overall, solution and country level
- Achievement of client penetration, cross-sell and up-sell targets
- Achievement of market activation targets
- Establishes strong relationships with Head of Business Development, Head of Market Activation, Finance Business Partner, Kantar Marketplace Champions and Regional Business Development in driving sales of Kantar Marketplace.
- Well documented and effectively utilized sales processes, sales analysis and sales reporting.
EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- Proficiency selling technology, subscriptions, bulk-deals, market research solutions or marketing technology across various client verticals and within one or more of our domain areas of expertise.
- Possess a commercial mindset, along with gravitas and relationship-building skills needed to build rapport and influence internal stakeholders.
- Highly structured and disciplined ways of working – with proven experience and impactful delivery.
- A desire to win.
- Passionate about process improvement and sales support.
- Organized, thoughtful and detail oriented.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to effectively work cross-functionally with internal teams within a matrix structure.
- Strong and clear oral/written communications skills that are motivating to others.
- Proven ability to identify, build and grow profitable business.
- Ability to establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization including Sales, Finance, Marketing and Kantar Marketplace Champions.
- Highly motivated change agent that can motivate others to new ideas and new ways of working / selling.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, true self-starter mentality.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
- Address London, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive