COVID -19 update
We’re actively looking for people to join our teams and we’re committed in protecting your health and wellbeing during every step of our recruitment process. If you’re successful in securing a role with us you’ll find we’ll be doing things a little bit differently! This may mean you’ll initially join our team working from home. During this time we’ll work with you to make sure you have the tools and equipment you need and that you feel part of our amazing DLG team!
Direct Line Group is a results-oriented company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain’s leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge.
In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now, and we work hard to make sure our well-known brands –Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our phenomenal people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things.
Commercial Lines is an increasingly meaningful part of Direct Line Group’s success story, making up £74m of DLG’s 2017 total operating profit of £611m. Going forward, there are ambitious plans to deliver further performance improvements via a pricing transformation program that entails using improved risk, geo and demand models, having an improved data infrastructure, and having access to an advanced suite of analytical tools.
What we’re looking for
This is an exciting career opportunity in the field of Commercial Lines pricing that would suit an experienced insurance pricing analyst looking to develop their skillset further by providing pricing and actuarial analysis to the business for the different Commercial Motor accounts.
- Analysis & Interpretation of data
- Communication of findings with key stakeholders in verbal and written form
- Build relationships across business with Underwriting, Finance & Reserving
- Expertise in different types of pricing software, especially SAS and Emblem
- Actuarial Techniques e.g. reserving, awareness of capital modelling, pricing techniques (e.g. GLM, experience rating)
What you’ll be doing
- Development of monitoring tools at macro & micro level to understand performance of the products and mix changes.
- Development, maintenance and improvement of pricing databases with the aim of removing all blind spots
- Review rating through portfolio monitoring and development of Burning Cost models
- Set-up rate optimisation process by improving elasticity measures and competitiveness tracking
- The design, specification, development and implementation of market leading pricing structures
- Make sure all rate change follow the pricing governance process and have acquired adequate sign-off & testing
- Manage risks: pricing integrity, use of discounting, changes in mix, adherence to governance,…
- Providing guidance, review and feedback to direct reports.
- Facilitate sharing of knowledge and good practices across the team and beyond
- Input in and challenge budgeting, reserving and capital modelling processes
- Build relationships and raise profile of Pricing Team with the different Business/Actuarial/Analysis Departments – break-down silos