We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our MOJ commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
effective supplier information metrics as well as the opportunity to truly partner with key suppliers to assist in their successful delivery of key services.
- Leading on supplier and contract management ensuring adherence to the obligations under the contract;
- Ensuring robust management of commercial delivery against the contract;
- Work with key stakeholders to support contract delivery, representing the team at delivery and programme boards as necessary;
- Leading on sensitive commercial negotiations and claims to resolution;
- Lead on the development of robust category plans which support achievement of strategic objectives and future delivery options;
- Delivery of continuous improvement and innovation to drive best practice and best value;
- Ensuring a robust approach to contract and commercial management within the team;
- Lead a small team of commercial experts to ensure the requirements of our diverse stakeholder group are met.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Market Insight- Public sector procurement knowledge, with the ability to learn quickly about new sectors (e.g. Justice sector).
- Commercial Focus- Complex contract management experience, which has resulted in outstanding delivery of goods and services. Experience managing contracts that have evolved in terms of their scope.
- Builds Relationship- Ability to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders particularly with key suppliers.
- Coaching Manager- The ability to effectively manage a commercial team, assisting with the development of individuals, offering the appropriate support and driving improvements in the commercial output of the overall team.
- Procurement Process- Experience delivering major procurements that have delivered outstanding value for money and great commercial outcomes.
Closing Date: 11th March 2021
- Address Leeds, London, Manchester
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms- up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.