Government Commercial Function
Apply before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 18th May 2021
Type of role
Number of posts
About the job
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our DIT commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
- Provide commercial contract management expertise of a bespoke FIDIC Red Book contract, for the UK Pavilion at the World Expo 2020 Dubai;
- Respond to critical short-term demands for commercial advice and support in emerging Major World Events;
- Support longer term capability building in supply chain resilience by providing commercial advice to overseas HMG staff and OGD stakeholders;
- Provide ongoing commercial advice to shape future operating model of World Events Team, working across DIT, OGD and GCO stakeholders;
- Develop effective supplier relationships, establishing suitable KPI and metrics and acting in an enabling capacity to facilitate successful delivery of services.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Risk Mindset -The ability to assess, monitor and mitigate commercial risks across construction / FM type projects.
- Manages Complexity -A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding procurement function.
- Market Insight – An excellent knowledge of FIDIC construction contracts, with the ability to provide expert advice in this area.
- Commercial Focus – Proven procurement / contract management experience in construction & FM, being able to evidence the ability to drive great value and great outcomes for the customer.
- Builds Relationships – Proven experience successfully influencing and building relationships with senior stakeholders.
For existing Civil Servants: For full details of the impact on any move across the civil service on your existing terms and conditions, please read the candidate pack. Please note that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to continue to claim childcare vouchers.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Throughout our selection process, we will make decisions about your capability to do the job, based on evidence you provide against the essential criteria for the role which are detailed in the attached Candidate Pack.
Your application will be reviewed by a panel and should you be successful at sift we will invite you to attend a Virtual commercial Assessment and Development Centre (VADC). The panel will review results of the VADC and determine which candidates will go through to a subsequent final panel interview
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application within 2 working days please contact: email@example.com
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name :||Stephen Sharpe|
|Recruitment team :|
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000