£61,710 – £74,000
GCO Pension, GCO Terms- up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.
Commercial Lead (GCF)
GCF – Crown Commercial Service
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time, Compressed Hours
Number of posts
Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 11th March 2021
About the job
Building a strong Commercial Function in Government, and with it the right commercial capability, is at the heart of a far-reaching programme of Civil Service reform.
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our CCS commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
This role will involve procurement and contract management in the Document Management and Logistics – Print Category. There may be a need to procure both new and replacement services contracts. Accountable for all activities related to procuring and managing contracts, suppliers and stakeholders.
Experience in the delivery, development and implementation of strategic high value contracts ideally within the Document Management and Logistics category.
Lead the development of category strategies, based on customer and market insights. Accountable for the leadership and management of the relevant operational team, sharply focused on delivering business outcomes and targets including spend growth through commercial agreements.
- Contract management of Commercials Agreements over their lifecycle, to meet and exceed targets;
- Inputting and supporting the development of market leading Print category strategies, across Central Government (CG) and the Wider Public Sector (WPS);
- Leading on the engagement with stakeholders to deliver fit for purpose and world class procurement solutions through demonstrating added value through a deep understanding of customer requirements in the area of responsibility;
- Developing capability within the teams, drive new technology and innovation solutions into the Document Management and Logistics category;
- Developing effective category communication plans to ensure that all key stakeholders are effectively communicated with and provided with commercial support and guidance;
- Analysing, validating and using data for managing and forecasting spend, targeting growth and identify and implement commercial benefits (savings), optimisation and demand management opportunities.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Market Insight- A clear demonstration of staying abreast of the latest market trends and the ability to use this to resolve commercial issues.
- Commercial Focus- In-depth Procurement and contract management knowledge that has delivered outstanding value for money and strong Commercial outcomes.
- Builds Relationships- The ability to build and improve relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coaching Manager- Strong leadership ability which has developed high performing remote teams and has been used to manage projects.
- Contract and Supply Management- The ability to partner with suppliers to ensure world class delivery of contractual services; being able to partner with suppliers to help improve performance.
As a valued employee of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), you will have access to all the benefits the centre has to offer; including flexible working, generous benefits, Career Coaches, Mentors, L&D, a Commercial College, active talent management and, most importantly, access to commercial projects that will far exceed the scale and complexity on offer elsewhere in the UK.
For existing Civil Servants: For full details of the impact on any move across the civil service on your existing terms and conditions, please read the candidate pack. Please note that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to continue to claim childcare vouchers.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
For full details of our process, and a likely timeline, please read the explanation provided in the attached candidate pack.
Throughout our selection process, we will make decisions about your capability to do the job, based on evidence you provide against the essential criteria for the role which are detailed in the attached Candidate Pack.
Your application will be reviewed by a panel and should you be successful at sift we will invite you to attend a Virtual commercial Assessment and Development Centre (VADC). The panel will review results of the VADC and determine which candidates will go through to a subsequent final panel interview
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application within 2 working days please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name :||Stephen Sharpe|
|Recruitment team :|
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000