We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our Ministry of Justice commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
- Play a lead role in the commissioning and procurement of FM services across the MoJ;
- Play a lead role in pre-procurement activities including engagement with the market, through formal market engagement and throughout competition;
- Leading all aspects of commercial and commissioning activity, such as supply and value chain analysis, OBC and FBC development and management of governance, transition and/or exit plans ;
- Commercial management of new contract mobilisation including development and deployment of new contract management processes;
- Collaboration with key stakeholders including MOJ Estates, suppliers and commercial colleagues across the department and GCO;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, e.g. operations, legal and finance;
- Proactively work with service providers to develop innovative commercial solutions and value-added proposals;
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Manages Complexity – Experience of managing a complex and changing workload and effectively delivering to timescales.
- Market Insight- The ability to demonstrate the implementation of the latest Sourcing methodology and a clear demonstration of staying abreast of the latest market trends.
- Commercial Focus- In-depth Commissioning and Sourcing knowledge that has delivered outstanding value for money and strong Commercial outcomes.
- Builds Relationships – Ability to build relationships with senior external and internal stakeholders
- Coaching Manager – Ability to support individuals, to lead a team and take responsibility for indirect resources drawn from the business and/or external consultants
Closing Date: 11th April 2021
- Address Leeds, London
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms, up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation