£61,710 – £74,000
GCO Pension, GCO Terms- up to 15% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.
Commercial Lead (GCF)
GCF – Home Office
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time, Compressed Hours
Number of posts
Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 14th March 2021
About the job
We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across government. This role will sit within the GCO, but based in our HO commercial team delivering departmental objectives.
The role requires the person to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders, ensuring commercial compliance, providing commercial advice and guidance advice to stakeholders on a broad range of requirements. The job is varied and interesting with the post holder being part of projects that attract national interest.
- Providing commercial advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders including other government departments;
- Development and implementation of commercial strategies;
- Leading and carrying out compliant commercial process supporting the business;
- Provision of commercial advice to support Ministerial briefings, business cases and funding bids;
- Liaison with Law Enforcement Partners including Policing across a broad range of subjects;
- Development of commercial assurance and governance ensuring value for money and delivery;
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from across Capabilities and Resources, external organisations;
- Regular briefings and meetings with identified stakeholders.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Market Insight- Knowledge of public sector procurement regulations, and the ability to promote these alongside practical market insights.
- Commercial Focus- The ability to oversee a wide range of procurements that consistently deliver great value for money and outstanding commercial solutions.
- Builds Relationships- The ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders; the ability to work effectively with senior non-commercial stakeholders.
- Coaching Manager- Strong leadership skills developed through working with high performing remote teams and management of projects
- Procurement Process- A deep understanding of a range of compliant commercial process, including development of strategy and delivery.
For existing Civil Servants: For full details of the impact on any move across the civil service on your existing terms and conditions, please read the candidate pack. Please note that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to continue to claim childcare vouchers.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Throughout our selection process, we will make decisions about your capability to do the job, based on evidence you provide against the essential criteria for the role which are detailed in the attached Candidate Pack.
Your application will be reviewed by a panel and should you be successful at sift we will invite you to attend a Virtual commercial Assessment and Development Centre (VADC). The panel will review results of the VADC and determine which candidates will go through to a subsequent final panel interview
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your application within 2 working days please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
|Job contact :|
|Name :||Stephen Sharpe|
|Recruitment team :|
- Salary Offer £61,710 - £74,000