We have a phenomenal opportunity for an established business analyst to Join our team in London. on a full time , permanent basis.
What being a Commercial Business Analyst involves
As a Commercial Business Analyst you will provide accurate and insightful information to enable the management and decision making of the business. You will co-ordinate the budget process to deliver a budget that will guide the future business performance and own the deals and Proposition Model ensuring decisions are made on robust financial evaluation.
- Updating and circulating regular reporting to key stakeholders
- Identifying and delivering developments to ensure content continually represents the business performance
- Development of appropriate, value-adding, and consistent reporting for Key Accounts in line with the needs of both the business and external stakeholders
- Completing ad hoc analysis to provide actionable insight on performance, and work with business to improve performance based on findings
- Co-ordinating the NIG Budgeting process, planning the timescales required for delivery and managing deliverables to ensure the business delivery against the plan
- Owning the Deals and Propositions financial model – drive the development and use of the model while ensuring it is an accurate representation of business performance
- Developing self in order to maximise personal contribution to the job and achievement of the business, individuals and priorities
- Effectively collaborating with other teams within Commercial Insight and Improvement, including, where necessary, resource sharing, to ensure ‘one team’ culture and effective working without unnecessary duplication of effort
- Identifying, owning and managing the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the DLG Insurance risk framework
Skills and qualities you’ll need
- Analytical skills – effective information gathering
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Prior experience in an insurance/finance setting would be preferable
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
Life at Direct Line Group
Let our colleagues answer your questions and tell you what it’s really like to work at DLG. Visit our discussion hub (https://directlinegroupcareers.career-inspiration.com/app/home/) to find out why Direct Line Group is a special place to work.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.