Clinical Lead Nurse for Surgery
Kensington, SW5 0TU
12 Month FTC / Maternity Cover
37.50 hours per week / 5 days per week
Please include cover letter with application.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At the Cromwell Hospital, you can be the nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a nursing career in London has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Nurse for Surgery FTC at the Cromwell Hospital. This is an excellent opportunity for a nurse with significant proven clinical leadership experience, and background in the surgical specialisms.
The Lead Nurse is an influential role and recognised as being critical to the delivery of Cromwell Hospital’s Strategy. You’ll report to the Deputy Direct of Nursing, and work closely with some of London’s top consultant, and unit specialists.
The Lead Nurse will be a team player who treats all colleagues with equal respect, is inclusive and democratic but also prepared to manage staff to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for advancing change in four main areas of impact – quality, patient experience, finance and efficiency, and leadership and skills development.
What you’ll do:
· Work with the ward/department, sisters/charge nurses and clinical nurse specialists in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and quality service, identify deficits and develop programmes to address the issues.
· Maintain an overview of the standards of care delivered across defined clinical areas, and maintain self and teams professional nursing standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
· Manage and participate in clinical audits, and lead on incidents and complaints management
· Lead the department and support your team to develop through regular feedback and following up on actions as needed
· Work closely with Director of Nursing, key members of the senior nursing team, and wider MDT. Building rapport and professional engagement with consultants to obtain feedback, address concerns, and take action were necessary.
· Lead on recruitment and retention plans, manage staff resources, and manage and review operational procedures to deliver ward efficiencies and savings.
What you’ll bring:
· Registered Nurse Adult/ RN (essential)
· Teaching/assessing qualification (desirable)
· Significant understanding of ILS/ALS
· Proven history as Charge/Lead Nurse in RN in Surgical, Endoscopy, Theatres, and professional development. (essential)
· Financial awareness and control.
· Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels
Why the Bupa?
As a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with the purpose to help people live longer, healthier happier lives, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into our care homes, health centres, dental practices, offices and our hospital to provide better healthcare.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Lead Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
· Payment of Professional Registration fees
· Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year pro rata, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
· Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
· An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
· Annual performance-based bonus
· Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
· Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
· Various other benefits and online discounts
· Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
· Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely based on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can truly be you at Bupa. We want to you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance, that’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address CROMWELL HOSPITAL, CROMWELL ROAD, LONDON
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org