The Council’s CIPFA Graduate Trainee Programme has been in place for 5 years to recruit and develop new talent to become the finance leaders of the future. During that time, CIPFA trainees have developed their skills, knowledge and behaviours and have been successful in achieving promotions to more senior posts within the service. They have also received recognition for their individual successes from CIPFA and as part of National Apprenticeship Week.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a trainee CIPFA finance and accountancy professional who will support the finance team in the provision of financial advice and support to budget holders and senior management. The post holder will gain a range of experience across the whole finance function as they rotate through different disciplines – including budget support to services, closure of accounts, finance systems, audit – during their three/four-year training period.
The role is ideal for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who is suitably qualified with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in finance, service managers and external partners.
For further information please contact Andy Bridson on 07813543320
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days after 5 years continual service plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave schemes.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relevant Academic Qualification (e.g. Degree)
- Evidence of supporting the delivery of customer focused financial services that involve users and drive up standards and performance.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt personal style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to operate effectively with a high volume and at times, highly sensitive workload.
- An inclusive team worker who fosters partnerships, works collaboratively across boundaries and achieves results through others. Demonstrates and promotes openness, trust and respect.
Please see Person Specification for more details
CV’s not accepted
- Address Magdalen House, Agile
- Salary Offer Grade G (20-25) £30,296 - £33,945
- Contact Email email@example.com