We are building a cadre of commercial talent in all Government departments; people who can manage our commercial portfolios, who can lead our most complex and novel programmes and projects, people who have the gravitas and depth of experience to work alongside our policy and operational leaders to develop innovative commercial arrangements, whether through joint ventures, outsourcing or best-in-class contracts.
The Government Commercial Organisation is an employer which is truly committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people are able to bring their whole selves to work and are able to perform to their potential. We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion and strive for a workplace that reflects the communities which we serve. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, candidates with a disability and candidates with gender-diverse identities. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We have already made significant progress through the establishment of the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO), our single employer of senior commercial talent across Government.
- The role holder, through their direct reports, will ensure the transformational strategy is executed with all operating targets met or exceeded. An innate understanding of supply chain, a real ability to deliver sustainable sales and market share growth and large-scale transformation experience will be essential;
- The CEO will guide the growth of the business from circa 50% of the £5.7bn medical devices and clinical consumables market spend to at least 80% over the next four years, focusing on releasing a total of £2.4bn of cumulative value for the NHS Trusts, Integrated Care Systems and Strategic Transformation Partnerships by the end of financial year 2022/23;
- The CEO will oversee the strategies and transformation plans, and ensure that customer service delivery and resilient supply chains remain the key priority throughout;
- In order to continue value delivery into the future, the CEO will develop and oversee strategies that identify where NHS Supply Chain can drive that value and oversee implementation plans to operationalise those strategies;
- The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for providing strategic, customer-centric and commercially-focussed operational leadership for SCCL. By working with the Board and Executive Team, and in accordance with service agreements between SCCL and its shareholder;
- The successful candidate will be working in collaboration with NHSE&I and NHS Trust customers and be responsible for leading the embedding, transformation and shaping of SCCL in order to meet future demands for the NHS Supply Chain . A critical part of the role will be to incorporate the separate PPE Buying Cell that was set up as part of the COVID emergency response into SCCL and ensuring beneficial changes are captured into the business.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Proven track record of successfully leading a multi-billion pound, fast-paced supply chain and procurement organisation, or a business in which a high functioning supply chain is core and fundamental to the customer experience.
- Significant experience at Board level within a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrable experience and a track record of building, developing and leading a successful organisation through a period of significant transformation.
- Demonstrable track record of strategic business planning.
- Evidence of exceptional customer supplier interface, colleague and other key stakeholder engagement.
- Knowledge and awareness of social, political, financial, economic and wider business issues affecting organisations within the public sector.
Closing Date: Sunday 02nd May 2021
- Address London, Nottingham
- Salary Offer £134,640 - £175,000 GCO Pension, GCO Terms, up to 20% performance-related-pay available on accreditation.