Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 pro-rata
Part Time hours (minimum 2x days per week)
These roles will be hired on a remote working basis initially (to be discussed at interview)
A bit about us
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
What you’ll be doing
Providing high intensity CBT sessions on a 1-2-1 basis, this role will treat clients referred from our insurance business who need support with their mental health and wellbeing. Working remotely initially you will be a first point of clinical contact for people with potential mental health issues and concerns and you will provide a high quality, effective and safe mental wellbeing service across agreed sectors of care via Skype or MS Teams.
We are hoping that at some point in 2021 these roles will be able to safely transition to providing face to face sessions with clients working at one of our Bupa Health Clinics or the nearest Bupa office but due to customer demand we are able to recruit these on a remote basis for the long term.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Completing comprehensive psychological assessments of referred employees using evidence-based methods and best practice
- Clinically formulating intervention plans including using Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy for employees with a range of problems from mild to severe and complex
- Using CBT to help employees to achieve lifestyle changes by facilitating SMART goal setting and action planning
- Provision of psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals in a multidisciplinary team as required
- Effectively assessing and triaging all clients and signpost to the most appropriate treatments, resources and therapies.
Who we’re looking for?
- ESSENTIAL to hold Full British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accreditation
- Proven experience in a similar role providing high intensity CBT interventions, working with clients who have a range of presentations
- Experience of managing own caseload, working towards individual targets and outcomes
- IT Skills including proficiency using Microsoft Systems as well as electronic medical record systems
- Holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT/High Intensity) or a course which is BABCP accredited
- Diverse and varied clinical experience to draw upon – ideally from within a similar corporate environment
- Ability to present to groups and deliver training workshops
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a CBT Therapist you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address UK nationwide
- Salary Offer £40,000 - £45,000 FTE (pro-rata for part time hours)