Do you have a commercial background? Do you have experience and knowledge of purchasing processes?
If the answer is yes, then we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
The role is for a Supply Chain Category Manager within a UK team of 34. You will have a strategic impact on significant areas of spend within purchasing of Goods and Services and be instrumental in leading on the delivery of procurement initiatives and value delivery. The post holder’s responsibilities will include:
Develop category expertise in collaboration with technical experts.
- Support development and implementation of category sourcing strategy
- Act as constructive challenging partner to the business and capture stakeholders’ demands and requirements.
- Manage and interface with the supplier market in terms of opening new and competitive supply channels, development and standardization of suppliers.
- Manage the operational sourcing process – demand/market analysis, RFI, RFPs, negotiations, contracting and supplier implementation in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Drive ‘total cost of ownership’ optimization and contribute to product/service rationalization.
- Manage supply risk and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Contribute to identifying and achieving targeted savings.
- Guide and support stakeholders as escalation point with contract or supplier related issues.