Care Home Manager Designate
£50,000 – £60,000 + fantastic benefits
Full time 40 hours per week
At Bupa Care Services, it’s not about where you’ve been, it’s about where you’re going. We’re looking for experienced leaders to join our team and help make a difference to lives of our colleagues and residents. You might not have worked in Care before, and that’s fine. You could’ve built your career in retail as a Store Manager, hospitality as a Restaurant Manager, or even managed a team within a hotel, but it’s not the sector we’re interested in. It’s you, and your ability to lead a team while driving forward a positive change in one of the most rewarding sectors you could ever build a career in.
As a Care Home Manager Designate, we’ll give you all the support you need to take the next step in your career. Our 3-month training programme will give you all the knowledge, skills and experience you need to run your own Care Home while enriching the lives of our residents. It can be fast paced at times, and it’s a heavily regulated industry, but if you share our passion for delivering outstanding customer care then we can help you build your career at a company that truly has belief in you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team within your Care Home, coaching, mentoring and developing you team through regular performance conversations
- Build relationships with the local community, acting as a brand ambassador and undertaking business development activities
- Own the commercial performance of the Home, managing budgets and staffing levels to so we always deliver high levels of safe, enriching care
- Ensure the home environment is operating in a safe and legal way and abiding by all regulatory requirements
- Role model the Bupa values at all times (Brave, Caring, Responsible) driving engagement within the home and creating an environment where all our colleagues feel supported
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience of leading and motivating a multidisciplinary team within either within care, retail or hospitality or other industries
- A person-centred approach, with a caring and compassionate nature
- Experience of managing a budget and being responsible for the overall commercial performance of a site
- An eye for continuous improvement, you’ll always be looking to drive efficiency and improve levels of service
- The ability to grow and develop teams through coaching, mentoring and performance management
It’s a great time to join. With no shareholders, our customers and colleagues are our focus. We reinvest all our profits back into our business, developing our colleagues so they can continue to deliver great standards of care. As a Care Home Manager Designate, you’ll be eligible for:
- Bonus scheme of up to 30% once you’ve graduated from the Designate programme
- An enhanced pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions, life assurance and individual private medical insurance
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to support your career prospects
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental care
- Various other online discounts, from shopping, eating out and experience days
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Essex
- Salary Offer £50,000 - £60,000
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org