Right now, we’re looking for caring and passionate individuals to join our exceptional teams across the UK. You might be an experienced Care Assistant already or just a passionate individual looking for that chance to start your career in care, either way, we want to hear from you! Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Join Bupa and have a career worth caring about.
Working Hours and salary
£Competitive (depending on experience) + Bupa benefits
Day Shift options: 8am – 8pm, 8am – 2pm or 2pm – 8pm | Night Shifts: 8pm – 8am
Full time, part time and bank shifts available (minimum permanent contract offered is 12 hours)
What you’ll be doing
- As a Care Assistant under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, you’ll take the responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents.
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals.
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group.
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff.
- Generally promoting our resident’s independence and dignity by delivering the very best standards of care.
What you’ll need
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment with an NVQ1 in Care, but this is not as essential, all we ask is that you have a genuine desire to develop a career in care.
- A passion for working with people is essential, along with a respectful and compassionate nature.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team.
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement.
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and CPD
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Cost of your DBS Check covered (£44)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Employee health benefits including Smile Everyday – a health and well-being package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online well-being tools. Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental care
- Employee retail benefits including retailer discounts, interest free travel ticket loans and a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension and Life Assurance schemes
- 20 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Visit our Bupa UK Careers Facebook page to find out more: https://www.facebook.com/BupaUKCareersOfficial/
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Closing Date: Undisclosed
- Salary Offer Competitve