|Position||Business Support Assistant (QDPA)|
|Reporting to||Quotation & Delivery Planning Team Leader|
|Location||Bury St Edmunds|
|Job Family Level/Grade||SG3|
|CiP Level / Bonus||3%|
|Starting Salary||£22,409 – Plus benefits and bonus|
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also offer :
Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
The Quotation & Delivery Planning Team provides administrative, business and basic technical support to Designers within the Projects Team of the Connections Business.
This covers a range of activities in Design from initial enquiry of an application for a new or altered electricity connection through to quote acceptance. Onto Delivery; involving close liaison with Network Operations and contractors, preparing and providing workpack documentation and arranging final energisation of new and altered connections.
Principal Accountabilities: Design Process
- Support a team of Designers to provide the highest levels of customer service to our customers for enquiries ranging from 100Amps to 5 MVA
- Review customer applications and assist Designers with the requesting of and management upon receipt, of missing information.
- You will manage customer enquiries for new and altered connections of electricity, this often involves technical enquiries.
- You will produce of custom performance reports for the Connections Manager & provision of data for team and company performance reports
- Ensure regulatory compliance for the Connections Quotes process.
- Log and maintain details and status of ‘Projects’ through SAP and other IT databases to support comprehensive customer records and Regulatory reporting.
- You will also source utility plans and network records, issue quotations prepared by Project Designers & monitor progress to ensure payment within validity period
- Resolve payment or acceptance of Terms and Conditions queries
- You will manage handover enquiries from the DSME team, customer management is especially important in these scenarios
- Manage the disconnection process for all enquiries not handled by the central disconnection team (HV and complex LV)
- You will ensure Designers safety equipment is tested and available for use in a timely manner managed through regular, data input into the SADS database.
Principal Accountabilities: Delivery Process
- Prepare workpacks to support Network Operations Delivery partners to achieve smooth project management
- Management of delivery works where contractor only works are required.
- Create meter point administration numbers (MPAN) and maintenance of addresses
- Help maintain MPAN status on national database, which impacts the Balancing Settlement Code (BSC)
- Manage Supplier requests for ‘Change of Energisation Status’ and Projects Disconnections.
- Send data flows to Supplier and Meter Operators across the electricity industry within set timescales as monitored by Elexon, which impacts the BSC.
- Essential interface between Supplier, contractor & delivery teams to manage energisation and de-energisation requests
- Collaborate with appointed specialist contractor and provide central administration support for all company users of activities under the Exit Point Services Contract, this includes the installation of CT metering.
- Validate contractor claims and arrange payment of monthly charges.
- You will provide data to Finance team to ensure allocation of costs to projects
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Quotation & Delivery Planning Team Leader, you will undertake tasks relevant to specific roles in the process of a new or altered connection.
They may be part of the team supporting Project Designers at the early stages of an enquiry through to the electrical design or help plan the delivery of works and interaction with specialist contractors and other industry parties.
Part of the teams’ role also includes the responsibility of managing Supplier requests relating to energisation changes of a connection for the whole of UK Power Networks.
The QDPA will be the customers’ contact for administration and process related queries and assist with technical enquiries to support Designers.
Because of the nature of this work there is a large amount of customer interaction, therefore customer management skills are necessary together with a significant level of influence and interpersonal skills. The Projects remit sees the largest spectrum of customers, from those visiting UK Power Networks for the first time to regular customers including consultants, architects, and large businesses and developers dealing with demands in the region of 5 MVA, therefore you need to have the flexibility to adjust those skills to suit any given situation.
The Q&DPA needs to have technical awareness and know what industry design standards and BS regulations are relevant to the energisation of supplies. This often involves working with electrical contractors on site, and where necessary engaging others to assist with advice, such as our specialist contractor, Asset Management and Income Management teams.
Collaboration at all levels is essential and a solution oriented personality would be a positive.
You will be an ambassador for the business and represent us in discussions with all partners additionally they are expected to conduct all tasks with the utmost regard for safety of both their person and those of their colleagues.
You will be part of an essential team to provide wider call handling support under STORM, in time of emergencies.
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service
- Excellent customer management skills
- Work in a pressured environment as part of a customer focused team
- Computer literate with excellent IT skills.
- Beneficial to have experience with the Connections business and the regulatory framework in which we operate
- Beneficial to have a base level of technical awareness related to the electricity industry
- Team working – The drive and ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve shared goals and improve the contribution of all members of the team
- Appreciation and respect of the safety culture of UK Power Networks
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees will ensure they understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees will understand those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Address Bury St Edmunds
- Salary Offer Starting Salary £22,409 - Plus benefits and bonus