At DVLA, we encourage applications from everyone, particularly groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. We pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has and promote inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all. Our recruitment process is anonymised, which means that your name, date of birth and other personal details will not be seen by the sift panel.
Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
Are you someone who enjoys working collaboratively with different business areas?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
As Business Relationship manager you will ensure effective business engagement and communication between our IT Services Directorate (ITS) and all other business areas within DVLA. You will ensure availability of DVLA’s services, continually monitoring and reviewing to improve customer experience and reduce the impact of calls and casework. For DVLA’s digital services you must ensure there is appropriate operational management in place to support services and deal with anomalies.
You will build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders within a specific business area (e.g. Finance) and continually improve the health of the relationship. You will act as a point of contact for the business area into ITS and promote the full involvement of your team as a strategic partner in achieving business objectives, as well as ensuring the business area understands and are prepared for the impact of change.
This role will provide you with visibility of the work which goes on within ITS and the rest of the business, resulting in a unique dual perspective. You will become the voice of the business within ITS, advocating for their needs whilst balancing this with requirements within ITS. You will also get the exposure to build working relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders across the entire Agency.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working with Business Relationship Manager to define process for Business Relationship Management – ensuring that the process is fit for purpose
- Being responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of Business Relationship Management and Reporting policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Building and maintaining positive relationships and effective engagement with key stakeholders within a specific business service domain or business area. Building and maintaining relationships with corporate or other government department (OGD) customers of DVLA’s IT services
- Ensuring that services are managed effectively, and service-related issues are dealt with appropriately. Planned outages and degradations are agreed to ensure minimal impact to business and customer. Provide a point of contact for IT related escalations and new business requirements for a specific business service domain or business area
- Liaising with Service Level Managers and Business Service Managers to ensure co-ordination and communication between the areas
There will also be the opportunity to work towards achieving a qualification in ITIL v3 Foundation, if not already held
You will have strong internal and external stakeholder engagement experience with the ability to influence across all grades within the organisation.
You will be a strong advocate for change and continuous improvement, recognising the benefits of promoting a change culture across your stakeholders and customers.
Above all you will have outstanding communication skills with the ability to engage an audience and handle challenge strategically and professionally.
We strive to ensure that DVLA is a great place to work where everybody can be their true self, be treated with dignity and respect, and according to their individual needs. We have 6 staff network groups run by staff to support their colleagues: Freedom (LGBT), Ability (Disabilities), Gender Equality, Unity (Ethnicity), Mental Health Network and Carers Support Network.
- Address Swansea
- Salary Offer £38,654