This role sits within our Energy Solutions Commercial team, helping facilitate delivery of Government initiatives such as the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme, with the aim to help reduce carbon emissions, tackle fuel poverty and drive a Net Zero future for all.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be responsible for developing and procuring new opportunities within the energy efficiency Retrofit markets; working alongside Government initiatives to facilitate company obligation and wider group objectives aligned to Plan Zero.
Building on a strong industry presence, you will be required to network across a large geographical area to promote and develop new business opportunities. As part of this purpose you will ensure company brand, ethics and core message is adhered throughout your business time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities across all energy efficiency sectors
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- Actively promote and support the wider business objectives
- Build a network of clients within the energy efficiency sectors including local authorities and housing associations, supply chain, trade associates and third-party agents
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships (or key clients)
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
- Leading bids and proposals and responding to tenders
- Carry out market research, competitor analysis and client reporting
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training, industry exhibitions and client workshops to develop relevant knowledge and skills
Is this the job for me?
You’ll be a confident and experienced salesperson, a natural people person who’s comfortable growing new networks and developing existing ones, even better if that’s been within a policy-led industry!
The energy efficiency sector is dynamic and can be complex; there is a lot to learn, so you’ll preferably have in-depth knowledge of the industry and current events. It would be great if you have an understanding of Government Policy around Clean Heat, Net Zero and and fuel poverty alleviation such as: ECO, Social Housing Decarbonisation,
Ideally you will:
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to tailor your approach to each individual customer
- Be confident using different technology systems – we use Google suite here
- Be comfortable managing and prioritising your own workload – you’ve got outstanding organisational/time management skills!
- Be thorough with a proactive, positive and solutions orientated approach – you’re a confident problem solver.
- Address Oxfordshire/Wiltshire/Birmingham and M62 corridor, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive